March 03, 2006

Just a little blogging practice.

You might have noticed that my sidebar looks a little more full. I finally figured out how to post links, so look for more in the future. This is just my preliminary offering. Now I'm trying to see if I can add a link into the text of a blog entry. So, here it goes. One of my links is to Ballard Designs. If you're not on their mailing list (and I don't know how I ended up on it) you need to go to their website and request a catalog. They have the coolest desk system that I think would work perfectly for my scrapbooking paradise. It's the Office Designs Corner Desk Group with an additional Office Designs Desk. What I like about these pieces is that they are totally configurable to my needs. I want several file drawers to get all of our household papers out of the basement. The CPU cabinet would be great for tall items such as 12x12 paper storage, alphabet stickers, etc. The possibilities are endless. Jeremy and I are in talks right now to see when I can get this system. I think it will be for my birthday/Mother's Day/Anniversary/Flag Day/Memorial Day/Baby Delivery presents. Basically I've told him that if I get this system he's off the hook for the rest of the year. Now what man wouldn't go for that?

Just wait until he sees what I want to replace the wire cubes I have on the wall opposite of my desk system. The other day I found these in the newest Pottery Barn catalog. It's the Landon Modular Bath Collection. Yes, it is technically bathroom furniture, but just look at it! If the possibilities with the Ballard Design Furniture are endless, the possibilities with this storage system are limitless, infinite and never ending, all at the same time! Oh the things I could do. The child-proofing alone is enough to get my heart racing!

OK, so let's see if my little experiment worked. If these links all work I'll be amazed. If not, have patience. I have to stop blogging now so I can get my house ready to be cleaned tomorrow. It's a disaster. I had my nephews over all morning, then K and I went out as soon as naptime, well today we'll call it quiet time, since I don't think Kaitlin even rested her head on her pillow, was over. Until later--and thanks for your patience!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Good job Amy, the links all work and it's so nice to have your photo on your blog as well. Isn't it empowering when you figure stuff out? I love it, and am always thinking of other ideas and ways to tweak things on my blog.

Your scrap room is already awesome, so I can't even imagine how incredible it will be when you get all the furniture you want for it. I hope you'll take before and after pictures. I don't think anyone except the book club s have seen your room so you might want to share, because it's cool already. (Basically all photos are great, especially of craft rooms.)

10:26 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

The Ballard Designs link on the side bar doesn't work--it looks like you've got .com on there twice--FYI.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks--I'll fix it!

11:29 AM  
Blogger collette said...

Seems like you are a pro! I love the corner desk.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home