February 16, 2006

I'm really getting behind!

OK, so I'm just putting this up here so that I feel some accountability. I've finished The Vision of Emma Blau and Patty Jane's House of Curl. I want to write my review of Emma Blau but I've been busy being sick and getting ready for my parent's visit. I'll, of course hold off on Patty Jane's House of Curl until after we discuss since I would hate to have any PBC Discussion about it. You want to know my secret for reading so much? Kaitlin is in a very clingy stage right now. She wants me with her at all times. She doesn't care if I'm interacting with her, she wants me in the room. So, when she's playing I read, which is basically all day. Would I rather be doing other things? Yes. But, if I sit down at the computer or sit down at my desk she freaks. She will fortunately allow me to clean up so that's good. Otherwise I'm playing or reading. Just thought you'd like to know.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

You're a lucky girl that she lets you read, that's the kind of child neediness I could probably handle. Did you let her in on the book club page number competition? It looks like you're going to be a no guts no glory winner for sure.

7:50 PM  
Blogger collette said...

How long did it take to read Patty Jane? I on page 120 of a 600 page book and want to finish it before I read that one. But, if we don't schedule soon...

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better today!

9:40 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

So does the title of your post refer to your book reviews or all the things you need to be doing other than reading? I say if all you have to do is be in the room, you're sitting pretty. When my toddlers are really clingy, it usually means I have to hold them, and I don't know that reading MY books would go over so well. So just relish your reading time! Dare I ask how many pages you're up to??

9:48 AM  
Blogger jenn said...

I have been holding Ethan for five days and every time I pick up a book or magazine he bats and kicks it away- count yourself lucky!

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home