February 27, 2006

The fruits of my weekend labors

It seems like everyone spent this weekend thinking deep thoughts. Michelle had a perspective changing experience at the doctor's office and wrote about her Dad reading to her. Jill wrote so many great things that you just need to go to her blog to read. I've come to the conclusion that Jill is my most introspective friend. She's willing to bare all in a public forum--something that I still struggle with. Jenn--well she's been MIA for a while, but we can forgive her. The other day she commented on somebody either Jill's or Michelle's post that she feels like the fake reader of our group. She may feel this way, but I for one, have to say that it make me feel glad that she just can't do EVERYTHING! I feel like less of an underachiever. (Jenn--I'm totally kidding! You're not a fake reader at all.) Back to the original point, I spent my weekend obsessed with those stupid plates from Target. Saturday morning I went to the American Fork Target. They didn't have everything for a full set of dishes, so I ditched my plans to go scrapbook store hopping, and instead went to the Southtown Target, the Fort Union Target, the West Jordan Target, back to the AF store and then down to the Orem store until I had everything I wanted. I had to settle for green instead of pink. But I've come to terms with that. Green is more my style anyway. To partly make up for it I still bought the pink cups and glasses. They really do look cute together. Now, I have to ask, when are we going to have a party so I can bring out all my cute stuff?

5 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Oh my gosh, those dishes are painfully cute. We're going to have to have Michelle's birthday dinner at your house just so we can use them (if that's okay). Wow, so many Targets in one day, how heavenly. Your commitment and determination are admirable. I'm giddy for you.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I've already started planning the menu!

10:20 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

My my my, what pleasing photos! I'm so glad you did that, so I can live vicariously through you. I have a weakness (ahem, a passion) for dishes.

10:26 AM  
Blogger jenn said...

They are even cuter than I imagined- yes, yes! Let's do Michelle's birthday at your house!! I have a dessert idea if you are interested!

7:09 PM  
Blogger collette said...

So cute! And...very excited for any excuse to have a party and even better when it is for Michelle!

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home