February 13, 2006

Cool Amazon find!

OK, so I've been MIA in the blogging world for about a week now. I've written several entries only to accidentally delete them when trying to add my photo. Tonight Jeremy proudly came home and told me that he needed to show me something online. He went to Amazon.com and typed in his name. Up came the book that he has been working on about eBay inventory. The book is going to be published at the end of March. We're really excited about this. This book, along with his presentations and panel discussions at eBay's annual member conference, eBay Live, really helps to give him some street cred. This is the result of lots of years of hard work on his part. He's been working on some incarnation or other of this business since we got married, almost seven years ago. May I brag a little? Thanks. His company is up to over 80 employees who all love to work there. He really has the best team of employees ever. I was a little sad when it started getting so big that I didn't know everybody. I still am. But the people I do know are so great. The cool thing about Jeremy and his partners is that they have been able to grow this company entirely on their own. There are no investors--something that's virtually unheard of in the business world today. They continue to grow and stretch their boundaries. Another cool thing is that they put up their first billboard. It's in Lehi, between the two Lehi exits. It's right by the wingers sign, but on the other side of the overpass. It's an advertisement for their employment opportunities page. It says, "Leave before they lay you off." Everybody around the office thinks it's hilarious. OK, can you tell I'm a little proud of my husband? All right, gushing over.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

I saw the billboard a couple times last week--it looks great. Congratulations on the book, you never even told us this was in the works. I knew he was a celebrity at the ebay conference but an author too--wow!

9:01 PM  
Blogger collette said...

I saw the billboard the other night as I was coming home from your house. I thought "wow - they've hit the big time!" I am so happy for your (collective) success! Keep on keepin' on!!

9:09 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

I must not listen as well as I think- ebay conference? author? 80 employees? billboard? WOW! That is all really exciting! Tell Jeremy congratulations!!

10:30 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

How did I not know anything about this??! A book on Amazon IS something to brag about! I'm proud of him too!

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home