July 12, 2006

Question

Why is it that the longer I go without posting the harder it is to actually post? I feel like I need to play catch up. Maybe not. Maybe I should just forge ahead and forget about the past few weeks. Here's what I want to post about:

-My really terrible birthday, and the few bright spots in it.
-Book reviews. Nursing has given me lots of time to read. I'm averaging a little more than a book a week. It's amazing how much reading you can get doen at 2:00 AM. The books I'm needing to review are: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson, Persuasion by Jane Austen, Excellent Women by Barbara Pymm, Snowflower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See (though publishing of this post will have to wait since it's a book club book), Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro, and in a few days Les Miserables (I'm finally down to less than 100 pages!!!!!!!!).
-The return of the To Do List! Yes, it's back and bigger than ever. Of course, I'm not as hard on myself if I don't get it done every week. But it is a jumping off point and a way to help me manage my time a little more efficiently.
-Post pictures of my craft room. One more night of work up here should make it presentable. Jeremy hung shelves for me this weekend. We have one more shelf to go, and then I can load them up with all of my cute and pretty things.
-Life in general. Why does that always seem to take over?

9 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

I was getting worried about you and your blogging disappearance, so I'm glad you're back. I can't wait to see photos of your scraproom with the new shelves up (it was fantastic in there already). You're a reading machine. I feel like such a slouch lately. I barely read 5 pages before I fall asleep each night, I'm finishing nothing, and totally frustrated about it. I need to regroup.

10:40 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

First of all, I'm feeling sick about your terrible birthday. I was waiting until our book club celebration, I should have known that was not OK! You need a do-over.

I'm amazed with all of your reading. Like Jill, I read a few pages in bed at night and drift off. I hate it when I'm reading the same book for 3 weeks. Will you still remember the book club book when we finally get around to meeting?

I'm also amazed that you're working in your scrap room at night. Did you forget that you have a newborn? When I have a newborn, there are no to-do lists. Just survival! Glad you're back.

11:53 AM  
Blogger jenny said...

Wow! I think Jill's link to you sums you to a tee. (Book Club Amy). I never could get in the right position to read. Anyways I am like Jill lately the minute my book opens I am asleep. I think I have about 6 on my nightstand just "waiting" to be read. Anyways, glad to see you are back. I think we have all missed your posts!

12:28 PM  
Blogger collette said...

I am so sad you had such an icky birthday! I can't wait to hear what you thought of Snow Flower. I am about half way through and am so fascinated by the chinese traditions. I can't wait to see you next week!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Bond Girl 007 said...

wow all that reading is wonderful! having a baby sometimes takes the balance away from what your day used to be, so slowly it will all come together to a new normal.

11:30 PM  
Blogger everything pink! said...

i went through the same thing when we moved. do i go back and blog. i did do some catch up and then i just let most of it go.
hang in there, day by day.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Weinraub Family said...

Glad I am not the only one that feels that way. I maybe get time once a week to post and I don't know where to start, and I don't feel like I give my stories their due.
WOW to all your books. Alan thinks I am book addicted, but you beat me by a mile. Funny that you think nursing gives you time, I think it takes my time away! I want Hannah to eat as quickly as possible so I can get back to sleep. I don't even turn on the light!
Sorry to hear about your birthday. I feel horrible since I have a box here waiting to mail to you and have not made it to the post office.

5:35 AM  
Blogger jenn said...

I would love to hear about all those things, but picking up with today and moving forward is a good plan too!

I love what Michelle said, you need a do over birthday!! :)

SO great to visit with you last night (and hold your sweet adorable baby!)

8:00 AM  
Blogger TX Girl said...

I'm sorry you had a sad birthday. I hope Michelle and the rest of your Book Club help you with a do over.

I cannot believe how many books you have read. I am amazed! I would love to hear your book reviews, but I agree.. at this point you are probably better just going from today forward, otherwise you could be driving yourself CRAXY.

I'm impressed you are already starting with your "To Do List" and in your craft room after just having a baby. You are seriously super woman.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home