March 10, 2006

Dora, Dora, Dora the exporer!


Kaitlin has discovered Dora and her animal saving cousing Diego. I swore that I would never let her watch Dora or Diego. I find them so annoying! But then my sister had a Dora movie playing in her car for a while so it was unavoidable since we always ride with her. She is now a Dora and Diego fanatic. She asks for them all the time. All she wants to watch in the morning is Dora and Diego. They have replaced Finging Nemo, Jo Jo's Circus, The Wiggles, Charlie and Lola, etc, etc. Today I had an appointment with the doctor (I have pinkeye!) which led to having to get a prescription filled at Target. I had about 15 minutes to kill, so I went back to the toy section to look for a birthday present for my niece. I didn't find anything for her, but I found tons of fun Dora stuff for K. I bought her two puzzles, Memory and Candyland. They're all way too old for her, but I figured what the heck. She is a puzzle genius (if I do say so myself), so she'll probably catch on to the puzzles eventually. We've played Memory before, so she'll get into that one as well, eventually. But the Candyand is what I'm most excited about. She doesn't get it at all but the game pieces are so cool. She's been carrying them around with her all day--so score one for Mommy!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

I like those shows, they're not too bad. Anything can get obnoxious after repeated viewing (or as background noise), but really if you compare it to Barney, The Berestein Bears, or Dragon Tales they seem like fantastic family fun. Enjoy.

7:58 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

Emily doesn't watch the show very often (no cable) but she is drawn to it every where we go! She read Dora goes to the dentist at the dentist's office today then picked a Dora toy for her reward. She wants to speak Spanish, so maybe that's why she likes Dora. Everything at our house is excellente and fabuloso. She asks for agua and tells me gracias. Every day she asks, what is ______ in spanish (which of course I don't know!). With your brilliant child, she'll be bilingual in no time!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

I still make my kids watch the "toddler shows." The don't care, they don't know any different but I am having a hard time letting them move on to the "youth" stage of cartoons. They have such bratty behavior and talk rudely. Enjoy the Dora years!

7:51 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Dora is really better than many other shows that she could want to watch! It has been years since my kids have watched Dora (although Whitney watches it here sometimes) but I can still remember all their little jingles -- they work their way deep into your subconscious.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Weinraub Family said...

Leah just discovered TV shows...which I don't mind too much as all the Baby Einstein videos were getting a bit old. Leah will watch Dora, but anything with Elmo she likes better. Oh and Dragon Tales...that she likes. WE ARE NOT doing Barney or Tellitubbies...mainly for my sanity.
Just think she spanish will come in handy when she visits CA!

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home