July 22, 2006

Great friends, good food and lots of fun presents!

I absolutely couldn't let another day go by without thanking my wonderful friends for a fabulous birthday get together! Michelle, Jenn, Jill, Jana and Collette--you guys are the best! I had such a wonderful time on Wednesday night. You really did turn my birthday around. It's so nice and comforting to know that I have such a great circle of loving, giving and supportive friends. I don't know what I did to deserve you. I only know that I owe Jana a ton of thanks for inviting me to join her book club so ma ny years ago. Without her I wouldn't know any of you, and my life would be the poorer for it! Thank you so much for the delicious dinner! Michelle, I really think you need to post the recipe for your lasagna on your blog. For those of you who are unlucky enough to have not tasted it, you must beg for the recipe and take the time to do it right! You won't be disappointed! Of course it was complimented perfectly by cheesy spinach dip, yummy spinach salad, rolls from Shirley's, and the most decadent flourless chocolate cake in the world! (A little aside--Jenn sent a piece of cake home with me to eat for breakfast, that, of course, Kaitlin saw me eating the nest morning. I had to share my cake with her because she loves cake almost as enthusiastically as I do! While the cake was enjoyable the night before, I experienced added enjoyment in watching K's face break into a huge smile, and listening to her little giggle of pleasure after every bite! That girl has good taste in dessert!)

I also have to thnak you for the beutiful and thoughtful book you made me. Jenn really came through in putting another book together. She is just a bottomless well of creativity. If only she could share her talent so that we could all be able to create such beautiful objects! I always love helping to make books for everyone else, but it's something really special to receive one. Just like Michelle says, it's a great little pick me up to be able to read what your friends think about you. Why is it that in our closest relationships (and I'm talking about marital and family reltionships as well) we never take enough opportunities to express our feelings about each other? So thanks, girls for such a meaningful gift! Also, thanks for the gift certificate to Barnes and Noble and the book! I'm so looking forward to a quiet night out, a treat from the cafe and enoughb time to brouse around and get anything I want! That is pure bliss in my book!

And finally, thank you so much for all of the wonderful baby gifts! You ladies really spoiled me and Alexander! I am just so grateful for you girls. I can't possibly thank you enough!

And for everyone reading, I am going to take pictures of everything! That was the main holdup in posting about my great night. Jeremy and Kaitlin were supposed to go camping last night, and I was going to take pictures and write a post. Unfortuantely the heat is unbearable for Jeremy so they stayed home. Jeremy's going on a late night Mt. Timpanogos hike (well, actually he's leaving at 4:30) so hopefully Alex will be in a good mood and I'll have time to take pictures this evening.

8 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

I know it has been said before but you guys really do have an amazing circle of friendship going! I am glad your birthday has been turned around and now you have great memories for the future!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I'm so glad we were able to turn your birthday around a bit. I thought the evening turned out beautifully and was very tailored to your likes, so hopefully you felt that way too. (Jana made a sign for Pete's Sake!)

You'll have to post your purchases and document your night out when you spend your Barnes and Noble gift card, those butter sugar cookies at the cafe are to die for.

8:19 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

I'm so happy that you enjoyed your book club birthday celebration, at least! I agree -- if Jill hadn't made me come to book club years ago, I wouldn't have ever known you girls or made such amazing friendships. I feel so lucky.

I'm SO glad you loved the lasagna. I didn't know if anyone else liked it as much as I do. Also, I forgot to mention that you add alfredo sauce to the finished tomato sauce. Crucial information!

I love the mental picture I have of Kaitlin reveling in the cake. Kind of like Collette's reaction, eh? That is one of my favorite cakes.

Too bad about the canceled camping trip. Let us know what you end up getting from B&N!

10:21 PM  
Blogger collette said...

I am so glad you had a good night - deserving to say the least! I needed a good night too and I was amazed with how my day was turned around by just being with my girlfriends!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

We all love you, Amy! We always have a good time together.

6:37 PM  
Blogger TX Girl said...

I'm so glad you got a do-over. It sounds like the book club girls pulled it off. The night looked marvelous.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Weinraub Family said...

Glad you had such a great night. I am going to have to check out Michelles blog for that recipe. YUMM.
email your address again please

1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home