April 17, 2006

Ahhh.....life with a 2 year old

I don't think I have the energy for this! We spent most of the day out and about, so my frustration is completely my fault. What is it that makes Kaitlin think she will get what she wants, and get it faster if she repeats the same word over, and over, and over? I swera she must have said "REI" about 100 times in the 15 minutes it took us to get there from my sister's house today. Then she must have said "Jenna's house" about 50 times in the 15minutes it took us to get back to Lehi from REI. Then she probably said "hotel" about 200 times from the time I left my house until the time we got here to the hotel. I swear! Even turning the radio up didn't help drown out the incessant demands. Hopefully I'll be able to get a good night's sleep tonight so tomorrow can be a better day.

Oh, and not to disparage Kaitlin completely, I'll leave with a bit of praise. She is a great little shopper. Even when she wants to be in the hotel playing with her toys (or at home, as the case may be) she still bears my little trips out with great patience and good humor. It seems like a great contradiciton--a kid who demands to go to one place who doesn't complain when we don't go where she wants--but it seems to work for Kaitlin. I'm very grateful for that!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

I find the repetitive tendencies of children to be one of the great annoyances of life. It's cute for about the first 20 times, and then it takes on the affect of a sharp poke to the ribs.

My kids are big and articulate now, but they still say "mom" about 1000 times a day so by late afternoon I'm doing everything I can to keep from screaming "what?"

8:56 PM  
Blogger everything pink! said...

did you find any Chaco's?

9:07 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Kristi, they didn't have any pink ones in the store. If I make it all the way downtown this week I'll check the other REI, otherwise I'm going to order some. If they could my feet would be reapating over and over "sandals, sandals, sandal" a la Kaitlin. The persistent ache is enough.

Jill, I agree. The first 20 minutes were cute. It was like, oh, look, she's doing something new. Why can't all of the new things be as charming as the first smile, or the first laugh, of the first time they have solid poop? ;)

9:33 PM  
Blogger collette said...

It just cracks me up that Kaitlin even thinks to say "REI."

9:55 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

I'm with Collette. My kids don't even know what REI is! Even with my big boys, I have to gently remind them sometimes that anything that is repeated incessantly becomes very irritating! At least Kaitlin is happy to accompany you even when you don't go to her chosen location :).

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home