April 07, 2006

I've gotten way behind

Tonight I'm making a public declaration that I am going to catch up on my book reviews. Here are the books that I need to do writeups on:

1. Founding Brothers: The Revolutionary Generation, by Jospeh J. Ellis
2. The Known World, by Edward P. Jones
3. The President's Lady, by Irving Stone
4. Isabel's Daughter, by Judith Ryan Hendricks
I'm counting yesterday's post as my The Planets post because it's nonfiction and I don't want to feel like I'm writing a research paper. Besides, since I am not a science person a lot of it went over my head.

In the meantime, I found this quote tonight about the importance of journal writing.
"I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to your families, to your children, your grandchildren and others, on through the generations. Each of us in important to those who are near and dear to us--and as our posterity read of our life's experiences, they, too, will cme to know and love up. And in that glorious day when our families are together in the eternities, we will already be acquainted."
President Spencer W. Kimball
Isn't that a cool promise? I know part of the reason we're all blogging to leave some sort of record, but do you still write in a journal? And if you want to see an interesting journal, check out this link. What do you think? Wouldn't it be cool to have the talent to do that kind of journal?

5 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Having that many book reviews to write seems daunting to me, but I'm sure it'll be no problem for you. You have a gift for doing that. You may end up needing a separate link for all your book reviews so that they'll all be in one place. Hmmm.

That link you put on there is cool.

Good luck getting caught up. When do you move to the hotel?

10:21 AM  
Blogger everything pink! said...

cool site.
i loved that quote. thanks for taking the time to put that on.

6:29 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

That journal was really interesting. And no, I don't write in one. I know I should. Blogging is me baby-stepping.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

I have good journal intentions but don't often get to it. I am trying to think of the blog as one for now. When I feel dumb about what I am writing I question it but already when I look at the archives I am glad I have some kind of "travel log" of our life right now. I do have many notebooks with notes and thoughts and I try to keep journals for my kids.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Isn't it funny that all of us dedicated bloggers don't keep written journals? It's kind of an anomaly, especially considering the fact that we're all notbook junkies. This is something that I've been thinking about a lot lately. Look for a blog about journals again soon.

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home