April 09, 2006

A Good Mail Day for Me!

Although my camera is lost somewhere amidst the jumble of stuff we brought to the hotel with us yesterday (yes, we "moved" yesterday) so I can't take a picture of the fun package I got from Michelle, I just had to write to let you and her know how excited I was when I openend my mailbox and saw a padded envelope from her. Inside was, to use her words, a bounty of gorgeous ribbon and a couple of the large Heidi Swapp flowers. It really made my day. This has been a rough week for me and it was so nice to know that Michelle received something from her mother, thought about me and decided to share. I'm not generally a good mail recipient--although a few weeks ago I got a beautiful thank you note from Jill that I just couldn't get a good photo of--oh the sadness of not having a scanner! So the advent of good mail is a major boost to my day, and usually a few days beyond. The otherhappy thing about Michelle's package is that I got the mail after my craft room was packed, so it's here with me, and I can look at it and create with it in my mind for the next two weeks! Do you think that will work when Kaitlin's sick of being in this tiny hotel room, and her whining has reached fever pitch? Probably! So thanks, Michelle. I LOVED it!

3 Comments:

Blogger michelle said...

So glad I could brighten your day! Sounds like quite a hectic time for you guys. Where are you? How long will you be staying in the hotel? Hopefully the weather will stay great and you can have lots of outings. Do they have a pool? Good luck to you and looking forward to Tuesday!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Michelle and I have been talking about good mail a lot lately and decided we didn't even know if you liked it or not! Of course, it's hard to imagine anyone not being giddy at finding a present in the mailbox, but still, it's possible that someone may feel indifferent or unappreciative or just okay about it. I'm so glad you DO love good mail and that you needed a boost and got one from Michelle. Woohoo.

3:46 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

You deserved a good mail day when you are living in a hotel!! We had a tree come through our roof one year and my family stayed in two rooms with outside doors at a little motel for 3 weeks!!! It was terrible, so my heart goes out to you Amy!!

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home