April 03, 2006

I thought I was done. . .

but today when Kaitlin was napping I decided to try my hand at a Cluadine Hellmuth knockoff. I didn't have any of the supplies that I think I need (like some good paintbrushes and a good sharp point black pen), but here it is. The picture of Kaitlin is from her recent trip to Arches with Jeremy. It's the only picture that we've taken of her lately where she's smiling, but not flashing her cheesy "pretty" smile. Anyway, it's a night picture, that's why I made the background black and blue. The quote says "There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One is roots; the other, wings." I did it by writing with my embossing pen, embossing with clear powder and then ironing it off after the paint dried. (Using the supplies--it's amazing what a girl can pull out of her stash!) Other than that the scale is a little off. I think Kaitlin's head looks a bit too big. And now I can't wait to get my Claudine Hellmuth kid's arms and legs stamps. They have a 4 week turnaround, though. It's going to be torture.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Woohoo, way to try something new! It's so fun and cute. Was the process enjoyable? I love that quote.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

It was enjoyable--and fast. That's what I'm in to right now. Can I get it done during nap time? It would have been better if I'd had better equipment. Unfortunately that will have to wait. I spent all my money on Poppets stamps and some of the new Rhonna Farrer clear stamps. have you seen those? They're so cute!

4:34 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

What the heck? how did I miss this post?? I was searching through your blog looking for your chocolate frosting recipe and stumbled on this! So cute, and I'm impressed that you jumped in and tried it.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home