April 30, 2006

New banner and stuff

Well, here it is. I finally figured it out. Thanks so much to Jill and her helpful email, or I never wouldhave been brave enough to mess around with my blog in such a major way. Next I'm going to do a banner with a photo. I just need to find my photo CDs. I thought it would be funny to do a photo of my pregnant belly (covered by a form fitting sweater, of course! I would never put a picture of my naked belly on the Internet! Yuck!). We'll see. It's grown quite a bit since Jill snuck a picture of it in March, so maybe I'll get Jeremy to take another. Or maybe I'll be safe and chose a picture of Kaitlin.

Today was my first day out of nursery. Did I mention that Jeremy and I were finally released last Sunday? I suspect that I did, though it's hard to understand how I could do that becasue I was so happy to be joining the adult world at church. Released seems like such a funny word to use when a church calleing is ending. Don't we usually use the word "release" to describe captives when we let them go? As is "He was released from prison last Wednesday." Well, maybe by the time we are released, that's what our callings feel like. In this case, it did. I hate to be so shockingly honest, but nursery felt like captivity. Every Saturday night Jeremy and I just dreaded the thought of going to church the next morning. In our defense we always left church wondering why we had those feelings the night before, because nursery can be a pretty fun place to be, but without fail, by the next Saturday there we were in the same situation.

I attempted to take notes in Relief Society today. I would have liked to in Sacrament Meeting, but Kailtin has decided that she'd rather play in the aisle than on the pew, so most of my attention was taken up making sure she didn't stray too far. As for my Relief Society attempt--writing in one's lap is not an easy thing when that lap is almost nonexistant. I did get a few down, but the best part of trying to take notes (although I didn't succeed to the level I would have liked) was that I at least listened much closer than I would have. Maybe that will have to do.

In other church related news, I tried to put on one of my maternity skirts today and I had grown too big for it! Talk about depressing! How in the world does that happen?

9 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

I know exactly what you mean about the captivity of serving in nursery, it's rough, especially if you have little kids at home because your throat-deep in their demands already. I'm happy for your release and wish you a few precious weeks of freedom before you're called to something else.

The banner looks so great and I love how clean your blog looks.

9:42 PM  
Blogger everything pink! said...

your blog is transformed!!!!!!!

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the banner! Maybe I will have to take risk and mess with mine. So scary!

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work on your banner. It looks great, cute, and the whole thing is easy to read.

I've never been in nursery before, but I can imagine. I'm sure that it would have its ups and downs, but after already spending 24-7 with your own toddler, I'm sure that you need a break.

2:54 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Nursery is a hard place to be. Yes, the kids are darling, and that can be fun. But you don't get anything to buoy you up spiritually, and you feel so isolated from the other grown-ups. I'm happy for your release!

3:34 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

oh my gosh, your banner just finished loading on my slow connection -- it is SO cute!!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Weinraub Family said...

I want to see a preggo pic of you. I agree with the naked belly thing, I never could do it either! Love the new blog look. I am not that computer savy to know how to change things!

10:22 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

Your blog looks great. I have escaped the nursery calling so far.

Trust me it is way more depressing when your maternity skirts don't fit and you're not pregnant!

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the banner change, it is so cute and fun. Nice job.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home