May 18, 2006

I'm really tired so. . .

I'm going to say two very short things.

  • Shopping for clothes when you're nearly 8 months pregnant, with your very thin sister is not fun (although, fortuantely I'm god at making fun of myself so we did laugh. A lot!).
  • I just read 12 pages in Les Miserables about street children in Paris. Victor Hugo went into their habits, their entertainment, their family life, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. All to have it end with the following two lines: "The sum total, and to embrace all in a word, the gamin is a being who amuses himself becasue he is unfortunate." Now, did we really have to take 12 pages to arrive at that? NO! It's too bad I'd feel like I'm failing myself and a goal that I've had for a long time if I put this book down! It's almost getting to be too much. Maybe I'll have to teach myself the fine art of skimming.
Good night to everybody out there.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Did you at least find a few clothing items to get you through the rest of your pregnancy? I hope so. Where did you go for dinner? It's so great that you have a fun night out once a week. That could be a blog by itself.

12:06 AM  
Blogger jenn said...

I try not to torture myself by shopping with skinny people- I don't laugh at myself!

Sweet Dreams!

8:55 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

I wish I had some maternity clothes that could fit you -- I bought a ton of stuff during my last pregnancy. It helps a little bit to have something cute to wear when you're feeling so enormous. I hope you found something you like. I don't ever enjoy shopping with skinny people, but it happens every time I go out with my mom, my sister, my aunt, my grandma... I'm the only fat one. Glad you can laugh at yourself, I'm still working on it!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

It's easier to laugh at yourself when you've got yourself convinced that the only reason you're fat is because you're pregnant! When I leave the hospital carrying an extra 40 or so pounds, I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune!

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep going with Les Miserables. I enjoyed it.

3:05 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

I always hated to shop that "late" in the game but sometimes getting something cute to get you through the next two weeks may help. I gained 45lbs with ALL of my kids so I know how you feel.

I am trying to cram the Da Vinci Code in tonight right before we see the movie tomorrow. I guess i better get reading. Have a good night-

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hated shopping the entire time I was pregnant. Shopping with the skinnies is depressing but sometimes necessary. Hope things are getting better in your book. I enjoyed the play but couldn't read the book. Good luck!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Bond Girl 007 said...

well you are pregnant so sometimes reading, shoping, cleaning it all has to do with your hormones...and how you feel that day and at that moment so take your time and enjoy this time reading or sleeping!

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home