May 02, 2006

Thanks Jenn!

Last night Jenn called to tell me that she had something that she'd meant to drop off all day, but that the day just seemed to get away from her. (We all know how that goes!) She told me to check outside my door later on in the evening. Of course I promptly fell asleep after I talked to her. So this morning I went to my front door to find this fun basket full of goodies! What a wonderful surprise to get such a great gift for May Day! The basket contained flowers (!), two cute notebooks (Curious George and The Hungry Catterpillar), the most darling set of frame stamps ever, and chocolate! I am so blessed and grateful to have friends who constantly teach me about generosity and the value of giving just for the sake of giving. Jenn always gives of herself so selflessly. She's thoughtful, she does everything beautifully, and she always manages to do this a.) when she seems to be busiest and b.)when the gesture is least expected. Thank you so much, Jenn, for giving me a basket of such goodness to wake up to! I am continually inspired by you to be a better, more thoughtful person--lessons that I am always in need of.

5 Comments:

Blogger jenn said...

you're welcome! boy, you guys are the best gushers!! I want to bring you something every day! happy may!!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Wow, you fell asleep after a call like that from Jenn? Little did you know what sort of goodies would await you ( plus you're pregnant). What a treat for this morning eh? It's enough to make you want to skip isn't it?

4:29 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

You guys all inspire me to be more giving. I'm just going to say ditto to everything Amy said!

6:21 PM  
Blogger everything pink! said...

that photo of the flowers are beautiful!
now i am feeling really bad for not getting the flowers to the girls i visit teach... dang.

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the idea of May Day baskets, how fun!

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home