May 23, 2006

What's Up With All The Yellow Blogs?

***Edited to add
Looking at the below linked blogs this morning on my computer, I see a completely different colors than I did on Jeremy's monitor. So, what color do Jessie and Claudia's blogs look to you?***********

Some really loud airplane just flew over my house and woke me up. Don't you hate it when you wake up wide awake in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep? It happens to me a lot. Guess I'll be taking a nap today.

I turned on the light and read in bed for a little while. (A HUGE aside: Jeremy is currently sleeping in the guest room. The combination of my bad cold--which is finally starting to get better!--and pregnancy have apparently make me a really bad snorer! I'm actaully keeping my husband, who sleeps like a log, awake at night! I'm horrified. It's really embarrassing! But I must say I sleep better when I have my own room. So maybe it's a blessing in a big fat ol' disguise!) Then I went to the kitchen to have a bowl of Cheerios because I was hungry. Jeremy's laptop was beckoning me from the table, so I sat down and logged on. I took the opportunity to check a few of the blogs that I lurk on (as Jessie puts it "Vicitms of Voyeurism") and they both had yellow backgrounds very similar to mine! The first was Jessie's blog. The Second was Claudia's blog. Strange coincidence? I think not! I'm sure it's a sign for me to come out of the shadows and be more active on these fabulous women's blogs. There goes the rest of naptime!

11 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

I think it's because this blog template lends itself so well to change, and is so aesthetically pleasing on its own. It's easy to mess with the colors of this template and not have it look messy or out of control.

Also, Jessie and Claudia have fabulous blogs so it's good that you're reading theirs.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

The same greenish tan color that yours is now.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

So funny! On my computer my blog looks really yellow. Not lemon yellow, more like a buttercup color.

9:52 AM  
Blogger jenny said...

It looks like a buttercup yellow on my computer. There's looks a little more on the mustard or a little bit darker.

I have been there in the middle of the night full term pregnant and hungry as well. Thats funny that you ate cereal. That is what i lived off of!

12:57 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

On my monitor, your blog background is definitely buttercup. Jessie's and Claudia's are that mustard color -- they started with a different template (it comes in white, black, and mustard).

I love your new banner! It's so fun to see what everyone is coming up with.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Weinraub Family said...

I was the same way when I was preggo. I love Alan, but I was much happier sleeping alone. My snoring got bad too.

6:14 PM  
Blogger jt said...

The same as Michelle, colors-wise. I want to customize mine more, but I need to learn how. I'm jealous of the cute banner! I also need to learn how...

8:28 PM  
Blogger everything pink! said...

i love the photo above.
what is she skipping across?

1:01 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

They're furrows in one of Jeremy's parent's fields.

7:10 AM  
Blogger amy gretchen said...

Its interesting to see what your blog looks like on other peoples computers. (A lot of it has to do with monitor settings.) Anyway, you get your blog just the way you want it and then realize someone is seeing it completely different. My banner doesn't seem to be centered on everyones computer but it is on my. Go figure.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Bond Girl 007 said...

Banner! Gorgeous picture! I wish I was more saavy on things like this. I still have major problems posting a picture...how can I do a banner???? Well I love your banner and the color seems really pretty!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home