March 18, 2006

New Furniture!


OK this is not my workspace, but tonight I made the first step towards making it what I want it to be. So a while ago I posted about the furniture I wanted to order for my dream scrapbook room. Well, a week or two ago we got a surprise in the mail. We'd been overcharged by a lot by our mortgage company for our county tax escrow so they sent us a reimbursement check for the overage. I half jokingly said that we should spend the money on my furniture. Jeremy, to my great surprise, very readily agreed. One of the items on my To Do list for the week was to get the furniture ordered. Tonight was the big night. I think I'm going to leave most of the details as a surprise but I will say that the Ballard Designs furniture ended up not working in my space so I ordered from Pottery Barn instead. I'm a little bummed because the furniture should be here this week, but I can't set it up until we get the floors fixed in our house. So it will sit in boxes in my garage probably until the middle to end of April. But then I might just have to have a craftroom warming party to break it in. I'm excited, however, because I've wanted furniture specifically for my room for ever. I've just been too cheap to indulge. Now, I can look forward to finishing my room and really making it mine. I'll start by packing up, moving out and painting. Hopefully this will compensate for the amount of time I have to wait to actually use the furniture. Then as soon as the floors are fixed everything is going right back in. In fact, it will be the second room I set up. Kaitlin's room will have to be first. But then, who knows, maybe her new furniture will be here by then, too, so I'll have two fun decorating projects on my plate! OK, I'm going to finish, I'm too giddy with the thought of new stuff for my house (nesting, anyone?) and I don't want to become too disgusting in the process.

PS Is anyone else having problems with Blogger right now? I've used both Safari and Firefox to post. Tonight I can't get on with Safari at all, and Firefox is not allowing me to upload pictures? What's going on??!!! Michelle, I feel your pain.

5 Comments:

Blogger jenn said...

I can't wait to see it Amy! And if you need help packing, painting, unpacking or celebrating your new creative space- you know who to call!!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

You're a lucky , it seems like you guys are always getting unexpected reimbursement-type checks. That's so exciting that Jeremy agreed to using the money for your room. I'm just sorry that you have to have delayed gratification because of the noisy floors. I'm sure it will go quickly, and no doubt you'll design some other awesome plan by the time you get to set it all up. I'm happy to help as well!

9:38 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

That is so exciting! I can't wait to see all of your new goodness. And how satisfying to get to do all of that before your baby comes.

It must have been a Blogger problem, because I tried Safari and Firefox and had problems with both.

3:50 PM  
Blogger collette said...

Love it! Can't wait to see it all set up in your beautiful house. I love getting new stuff - it makes me happy.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

So fun....it's funny how fast you go from just wanting a space to call your own to wanting it to be the perfect space with all the furniture, etc. Be sure to post lots of pictures so we can live vicariously through you!

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home