March 30, 2006

Kaitlin's Big Orange Pants


This is a picture of Kaitlin in her two favorite articles of clothing--her jammies and her big orange pants. She just recently figured out that she can wear the two together. What a fashion statement it makes. I thought I drew the line at buying character shoes, but now that we have a pair of Dora sandals and a pair of Dora tennis shoes for hiking (and, who am I fooling, everything else!), I've drawn the line at wearing the big orange pants in public. While they're cute in an REI baby sort of way, they're just way too big for her. They're baggy even over her bulky blanket sleepers! They must be mislabeled. They say they're for 18 months, but I swear they'd fit a 5 year old. Of course if she really put up a stink, I'd probably cave. . . .I'm such a pushover when it comes to that cheesy smile!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Very cute. It's always a bit interesting when kids start to have opinions about their fashions. I've never caved on the character tennis shoes (fortunately they haven't really asked for them too much), but some of the fashion choices around here get pretty sticky. I don't fight it unless we're going to church or to an actual event--day to day living is okay with me.

6:05 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

oh the drama of dressing kids and kids dressing themselves! it gives me comfort to think that your little fashionista dresses like my kids once in a while! love those big orange pants!!

11:33 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

Great outfit. I love the necklace addition as well. There was a period of time when Lucas wore a dalmatian Halloween costume of Jill's everywhere we went. Now that he's in school, I try to exert a little influence, but he still wears things that I wouldn't have chosen for him! Max has taken to wearing a clip-on tie with everything these days -- like clipped on to a t-shirt and wearing it to school! Yikes. but I figure he is trying to find his own style. Church is the only time I insist on picking out their outfits. Luckily Eva still lets me put anything I want on her!

12:33 PM  
Blogger everything pink! said...

get a saftey pin and pin the sides.
i buy all my kids clothes so big so they will last forever!
cute i love the color orange and pink together!

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home