March 28, 2006

I want a Claudine Hellmuth!

For those of you who read Donna Downey's blog, you may know what I'm talking about. She had a Claudine Hellmuth Poppets canvas created for herself a while ago. There's a darling picture of it on her blog--top left corner. When I first saw it I thought, "Hmm. Cute." And nothing more. Then, for some reason the image of her picture took hold in my mind, and now I really want one. Actually, I want two. I want one for my new revamped craft room, and one for Kaitlin's room. I was perusing her web site today and she had this one as an example. (Do you think it's ok to have this picture on my blog? I would hate to infringe on her copyright, or anything. I'll give her big credit.)
THIS ARTWORK WAS CREATED BY CLAUDINE HELLMUTH!

Would that not be the cutest in a little girl's room? I am absolutely in love with Claudine's work. It just has that touch of whimsy that I'm looking to add to my life right now. Of course, Jeremy will probably think they're weird. But do I really care? Not in this case! It looks like I'll be very careful with my money again next month, (and maybe the month after) so I can make my dream to own a Claudine Hellmuth, or two, a reality! Or maybe I'll use this month's money. Or maybe Jeremy will love the idea so much he'll pay for them! I could tell him it's an early mother's day present. I don't know. I have to seriously think about this.


Anyway, if you want to see more just follow this link to Claudine's website. She also has a blog that I haven't read yet, but if the obsession continues, I will probably have to add it to my daily rounds.

6 Comments:

Blogger everything pink! said...

Oh my! i love it when i find out about things like this.
incredible. i want one with all my three girls.
or this could be my soloution as to what to give jeff for gradutation. one of him in a dr. coat with a vanderbilt sign.
thanks for sharing! i am so intrigued. but then i think. randy could do these too... jill what do you say , put this up with your coffee table blog book.

1:43 PM  
Blogger everything pink! said...

ok i must comment again. your blog has put me in a tailspin. i will be late for karate for sure.
her blog that you speak of links to a whole new world to me of craft blogs. i feel like i just won the lottery. id did email her to find out about having a print done.
i am in creative heaven right now. you have saved my day of wondering if i had a purpose.
the blog post that saved my day!!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Weinraub Family said...

Too cute. I guess this can be motivation to be better with the money every month so you can put some aside for the artwork. I think they would be adorable in the craft room and K's room.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I think they're very cute, but have thought it would be fun (and doable) to try and make one first. It seems like something you could do. So unless you want an original, official piece of her art or just don't want to try and make it yourself then go for it.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Kristi, I'm glad you're hving so much fun! Claudine's blog had tons of links that I have yet to follow. Maybe tomorrow. . . Jill, paints and I don't get along. I can't use a paintbrush to save my life. She does have rubber stamps available so you could make your own (with her artisitc touches), but I'm afraid I would just be too frustrated by the whole process. Maybe, though, if I eliminated paint and used patterned paper instead?

3:43 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

I'm with Jill. This looks like a very fun project! Paint, patterned paper, whatever! You could use whatever you want! Love it.

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home