September 09, 2006

Have you seen this? It's hilarious!



As if I needed another website to check obsessively! If you're not an entertainment junkie like I am you may not have heard that YouTube is taking the entertainment industry by storm. So, what, you ask? Well, imagine your favorite new TV show for the fall season. There's a chance it might never have made it to television if it hadn't premiered on YouTube first. Television networks, movie studios and record lables are all searching YouTube for the next big thing. This video by the band OK Go has had over 5.7 million views and much more exposure than they ever would have received on, say, MTV. At least one TV show for the new season came directly from YouTube, and the trend is sure to continue. Isn't it cool that there's a place for so much undiscovered talent to finally be displayed?

6 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

That's fantastic, what a cool idea and so entertaining. Love it.

YouTube is addictive, I usually only go there when people link a certain clip but then I stay there far too long.

8:06 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

Very entertaining. I wonder how long it took them to get that in sync?

I will have to agree with Jill. YouTube can be addicting and if blogging isn't enough. I normally only check when someone points it out to me.

My husband says he saw this debut on MadTV one time. Pretty crazy about those stats!

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool- I am always amazed at the next thing that comes around like that where I just sit back and think what a great idea. I only really go to that site when I am linked because I know I would waste far too much time there.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

Can't stop laughing! Very entertaining.

6:05 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

I never go to video links because with my dial-up connection they never work properly. But I did see this video on TV recently. Too funny. Kinda cool about YouTube.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Very fun. I agree that YouTube is addicting but fun when someone links me to it.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home