March 24, 2006

Mouse pads and other stuff


Everyone has posted beautiful pictures of their gardens and their neighborhoods all abloom. I thought I'd find a nice image of the desert in spring, since my neigborhood looks like a desert right now. And I have to say, I was heartily disappointed. Look how lush this scene is! My neighborhood looks nothing like this! Oh, I can't wait until people start landscaping their yards. As soon as we have a picture of our final landscape design I'll try to find a way to post it. The landscape designer that we hired came up with the most beautiful design for our front yard! So, have you figured out that Jeremy is not a DIY kind of guy, yet? We have to have somebody design our yard for us! Sheesh! The upside is that at least I don't have to do it either. Jeremy says that his time is too valuable to work around the house. You'd die if you knew the dollar amount he put on each hour he's awake.

Anyway, since I'm redoing my craft room/home office I've been looking for a mousepad. I don't currently have a mouse pad. I use a pad of graph paper. This is nice because I always have paper handy when I need it. But there's a part of me that still regrets not buying one of the cool mouse pads they had at the Art Institute in Chicago when we were there four years ago. Then, today I was catching up on my scrapbooker blogs. I clicked on the link to Ali Edwards's Cafe Press store and found this cool mousepad. My furniture is white with a black desktop so it would really stand out. And I think it would look really cool with my white Mac and white Mac mouse. Kinda modern, but very cool. Anyway, there's lots of fun stuff in her store. You should check it out--if only so you can get mad at yourself and wonder why you didn't think of it first!

One final note (AND THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!!) to everyone who says they're going to try the Home Wrecker Brownie recipe. I didn't put in the recipe to grease and flower the pan. I buttered my pan, but the brownies are still a little hard to get out. So you might want to flour the pan, or if you're having a particularly Martha moment, you will want to use cocoa instead. That way you don't get any unsightly visible white flour on the outside of your brownies.

6 Comments:

Blogger everything pink! said...

i can not wait to see your workspace when you finish... anxiously waiting.

that is one nice thing about the south. it rains all the time and it is green most of the year.

i didn't realize utah was a desert until we moved and realized the rest of the world was so green.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I can't imagine living the kind of life where I would be hiring a landscape designer to do our landscaping--what's that like? Did you meet often or just tell him what you like, and then okay his plans? I'd love to see the picture he drew for you guys, and then of course the finished product when its done.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Weinraub Family said...

LOL, Alan isn't a DIY kinds of guy either...he sometimes thinks he is, and that can be a problem!

3:55 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Holy cow. Thanks for the link to the Ali Edwards stuff! I'm salivating... and yes, wondering why I didn't think of that.

5:59 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

For Kelly's birthday, I wanted to give him the plans from a landscape designer. Kelly wants to work on our yard so badly but doesn't know what to do. I thought that might help him along. Since you love your plan, did you want to share the guy's name and number? It would cover an early Father's Day gift for me!

9:09 PM  
Blogger collette said...

This year, we are doing our backyard - nothing too fancy but I am so excited to spend some time grilling (oh yeah, we are finally buying a grill) and sitting on the porch. As you know, we are not DIY kind of people but we are excited to have someone else get our backyard in ship-shape!

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home