June 12, 2006

Just some miscellany

I haven't been online much lately. It seems that I'm even unmotivated to do the things I love to do now. Actually part of it is that when Kaitlin sleeps I sleep--and naptime is usually blog time. So I have been checking in and enjoying, but, sadly, I haven't commented most of the time. There are just too many thing that I feel I have to do to do too many of the things I want to do. So, in an effort to catch up, here are a few miscellaneous little bits.
  1. I went to the doctor on Wednesday last week. I didn't get to see my doctor (he was away delivering a baby), but I got to see one of his partners--the one I like. This may have been a good or a bad thing. He told me that Dr Judd (my doctor) is going to be out of town this week so that I would have to see him instead and that he would check me to see if I could be induced--something my doctor has never said to me. He's not very into inducing unless his patients go over. I thought I wasn't either, but when Dr Gordon dangled that littel tidbit in front of my face I had a change of heart. Anyone who's seen me try to walk after sitting for any amount of time will understand! Anyway, by Thursday at 9:15 I'll either be very happy or very sad. I'll be sure to report.
  2. Jeremy left for Las Vegas yesterday. He has the ebay Live trade show this week. He was supposed to leave Tuesday but the printer messed up their order for the printed material in their booth. They finished their corrections on Friday but not early enough to pack it up with the rest of the booth. So he had to drive it all down yesterday. Poor baby. What would one do with a few unfettered days in Las Vegas? Sure they messed up! (Just kidding, Jeremy!) So here I sit, hoping and praying that I don't have a baby this week-- Jeremy's sort of stuck there since he's speaking and sitting on several panels. Pray that all goes well for me!
  3. If I do get to be induced it's going to be Wednesday the 21st.
  4. My house is finally coming together. Maybe I'll be able to post pictures soon. Saturday Jeremy devoted himself to getting a lot of stuff done around here. He hung Kaitlin's curtains, patched the holes left from the curtain hardware in the baby's room so we can hang new ones up higher and in the craft room. He helped me get the guest room ready for my Mom to come. It's much homier than it has been. We set up a TV and added a nightstand with a reading lamp. I'll probably add a few more things this week, and I still have some stuff to clean out, but mark down one more room basically finished! We also ordered the iron work grille to go over our fireplace. I'm so excited to get it. I'm hoping it comes when my Dad's here so he can help Jeremy hang it. I think it's going to be heavy.
  5. I'm searching for a cute diaper bag. Anyone have any good sources. I really like this one by JP Lizzie, but I'm not sure.
  6. I've been wasting a lot of time looking at this list of 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die. Have you ever seen this list? It's pretty intimidating. It also has a lot of books that I'd rather die than read (Last of the Mohicans? Seriously it's considered to be one of the worst American novels ever!). It also appears to have a slant toward English authors, something that might be kind of interesting, and could explain the bad taste in American novels. But the thing I love most about it is that it does feature a lot of literature from all over the world. Since I really like to read these kinds of "classics" anyway, I thought I'd start trying to check a few more off. So far I've read 98 of the books on the list and own another 10. Since I have a thing about owning all of the books I read, my mind is just swimming with Amazon Marketplace orders! But I won't get a head of myself. My "Books to Read" shelves are currently overflowing, so I need to remedy that situation first. In other reading news I'm plugging away at Les Miserables again. I finished Gilead and Persuasion last week (ah! to finish a book!) so I'll be doing writeups soon. Now if I can read 450 pages in Hugo's "masterwork" before I go into labor life will be good--even if I have to leave my house a mess to do it!

8 Comments:

Blogger Bond Girl 007 said...

wow you impress me! i love books too but hardly ever get to them...lately. i love book covers and tend to admire the covers and the paper they use. so when someone mentions a good book it is definately worth checking it out--even if the cover is not pretty! hope everything goes well with the baby and it is so nice to finally get your house in order (mine was now after our trip there is stuff to do everywhere...cycle of life i guess)

10:15 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Wow, you've read 98 of the top 1001 that's impressive. I'll have to check out that list, but I doubt I'm anywhere close to that because I tend to shun classics (unless I already read them while in college).

I'm sorry your feeling so tired and unmotivated, but that's to be expected at this stage of pregnancy eh?

I can't wait to see all the changes in your house, I'm sure it looks beautiful.

Let us know if you go into labor early, hopefully you're planning to call us because with Jeremy out of town and your mom not coming until next week you will need us right?

1:45 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

I LOVE the grille and it is a dang cute diaper bag! Wishing you the best with baby- you BETTER call us if you need anything!! Even if it's just a cheeseburger (good source of iron) or a shake from iceberg (you know you can't argue that and it's right on my way to your house!!)

3:39 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

I really hope the baby doesn't come while Jeremy is out of town! But if he does, you know we've got you covered.

I want to check out that list of books now. I used to read only classics until after college, so I'm curious how many I have read...

It has to feel great to be getting your house under control. I always go into nesting overdrive towards the end of a pregnancy and want everything to be in order. Can't wait to see the nursery!

4:19 PM  
Blogger collette said...

Do we have a phone chain going? Are we on speed dial? Especially if Jeremy is out of town. YOu are in my thoughts and prayers!!!

9:43 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

I am way impressed that you have read that many books! Go girl! Love the diaper bag too. I love getting new bags.

Can't wait to see the new updated rooms in your house that you have been working so hard on! Hang in there with the pregnancy and I am sure (well hoping) the babe will hold on until dad gets home! In the meantime--get some rest you will need it!

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where do you get the top 1001 list? How intriguing.

Did you make your own curtains for the baby's room & your craft room?

I can't believe that the baby is almost here. It went fast for me --probably not for you, though. :)Please call.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

It's impressive how well read you are....another thing that will never be said about me.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home