June 06, 2006

SLUG!

I'm still here. I haven't had a baby--yet! But I'm feeling like such a slug and sitting down to my desk causes my ankles to swell terribly! Here's a few random things. Sorry--some of them deserve their own posts, but this is all I can do right now.

  1. I had a fabulous time at the blog party on Friday. It was so nice to meet all of you. You are an amazing group of women and I feel truly honored to be numbered amongst you.
  2. Yesterday I had a very yummy treat waiting on my doorstep--cookies and chocolate from Amie! Thank you so much. The cookies are delicious (did you make them? If so you need to post the recipe!) and Dove dark chocolate is my favorite chocolate in the world. How do they get it so smooth tasting?
  3. We had a good weekend. Jeremy got Kaitlin's bed fixed. One of the slats broke on the mattress support--when I sat on it! I didn't think I was that heavy! OK, so I didn't actually attach the slats when I put the bed together, so yes, in fact, I was that heavy. But anyone could have broken that bed. Not just me! Then, as some of you know, Jeremy and I have been eyeing some condos in Driggs, Idaho for about two years now. Driggs is just over Jackson Pass, about 30 minuted from Jackson, Wyoming. Saturday he happened to be talking about the condo so I suggested he call the real estate agent, Heather, who represents the seller. There was one condo left. Jeremy instantly jumped in his car, drove the four hours to Driggs, and made an offer on it. Yesterday we found out that our offer was accepted. So, it looks like by March of next year, Jeremy and I will be the proud owners of a vacation property in "The Promised Land," as Jeremy like to call it. (The Promised Land is any place bordering Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks, so Eastern Idaho, Western Wyoming and Southern Montana.) Jeremy siad it was the second best day of his life, since our wedding day, and the birth of Kaitlin tie for first. I'm excited because now we'll have a place for book club retreats!
Now I'm off to iron. Yes, iron. Well, maybe I'll put my feet up for a few minutes, or an hour. Maybe Kaitlin will let me sleep on the couch while she watches Dora's First Trip for the hundreth time.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Woohoo! I can't believe you guys bought a vacation condo. You haven't mentioned that possibility for awhile so I forgot about it. I love the thought of having somewhere to go for a book club retreat. That's awesome.

I'm sorry about your swollen ankles and that you're ironing (why oh why?), but you're in the home stretch and will have a sweet baby in your arms soon. How sweet of Amie to drop your favorite treats off at your house, what a nice surprise. Enjoy.

10:35 AM  
Blogger everything pink! said...

hang in there with that baby.

and yes get that yummy receipe from Amie!

I can't wait to hear about the baby news.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

That's so funny about the bed. It's funny how when you're pregnant, just about an incident can make you feel sooo big.
Enjoy your yummy treat. Recently we discovered Dove's ice-cream bars, they're the little ones (they are about the size of fun-size candy bars)
They are absolutely delicious. You should try them!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Diana, I already have tried the Dove Bars. They are wonderful! I just wish they sold a pack with only the dark chocolate and the cherry ones. Yuuuuummmmmmmm!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

Congratulations on the condo, that sound really fun to have an escape!
I am glad you got the treats...I didn't make them...

10:25 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Good thinking about the Book Club retreat. Way to go!

What are you doing ironing? Do you do it often? I only iron when it's absolutely necessary.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Weinraub Family said...

Congrats on the vacation condo. Alan has always wanted to see that part of the country, and I want to some see you, so maybe we can work something out in a couple of years.

I remember all too well that feeling at the end of pregnancy. Get some rest when possible.

Dove....yummmmmmmm

2:12 AM  
Blogger jenny said...

How fun for a new condo!

The last part of pregnancy is always the worst. Your hot, feel huge, and really don't want to do anything. I got so swollen with all of mine no matter if it was a winter or summer baby. You could actually push on my feet and the finger print would stay. Pretty crazy!

Get rest--I know, easier said than done. But really do get some.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home